The many aspects of your body
Physiotherapy is a direct, hands-on profession that has as its base the restoration of movement disorders. Your session begins with an assessment from your physiotherapist which entails a review of your medical history, an assessment of your present level of function and questions based on the mechanism of your injury or condition as well as your goals for recovery. Once completed, we design a program for your treatment.
To give you a better idea of the role of physiotherapists, here is a listing of the many areas addressed by the profession:
- Treating musculoskeletal conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Rehabilitation following sports injuries.
- Muscular re-education in the case of neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy.
- Gait retraining.
- Training in the use of mobility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes.
- Working with clients of all ages - from newborn babies to geriatric patients - to correct movement disorders.
- Advising and training parents and caregivers to care for the disabled child or family member.
- Ergonomic restructuring if the design of your home or workplace is causing you neck or back pain.
- Rehabilitation after fractures, surgery or car accidents
- Fitness training for those interested in improving overall fitness.
- Cardiothoracic treatment for heart and lung disorders
Physiotherapy is a very comprehensive field and the areas are wide and varied. Why not come in and see how we can help you? Call Ascent Physiotherapy on (02) 6262 9442 to make an appointment.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.